- Articles for review (before publishing)
GMS Account Management
Edit account details
- How do I change my communication preferences?
- What is my personal profile?
- How do I update a players email address? (Club Admin)
- How do I update details for a linked child account?
- Why do I need a unique email address on my GMS account?
- How do I verify my account?
- How do I edit my account details?
- How do I edit medical conditions or emergency contact boxes in the Player Registration Form?
- How do I join an organisation?
- How do I update invalid or incomplete records?
- How do I change or move clubs?
- How do I add self service qualifications?
Merge or link accounts
- How do I merge duplicate accounts on GMS?
- How do I edit/delete a relationship? (Club Admin)
- How do I add a relationship? (Club Admin)
- How do I remove/delete a relationship?
- How do I merge records in GMS?
- How do I add an existing Age Grade player record that's not linked to a new or existing parent account?
- How do I add a family member to my account?
- Edit account details
Club Business Operations
- What promotional offers are available to clubs?
- Can we get a discount to show Sky TV in our club?
- How do I use voucher codes to purchase coaching courses for members?
- How do I purchase voucher codes for another organisation?
- How can clubs get involved in the Rugby World Cup 2025?
- Who can I speak to about VAT matters for my rugby club?
- Do you have resources to help us promote rugby at our club?
- Where can I get guidance on legal matters in relation to the running of my club?
- Can the RFU help with the cost of living to reduce our energy and operating costs?
- How do we run our bar efficiently and cost effectively?
- Do the RFU arranged policies provide cover for loss of revenue?
- How do we run a successful rugby event?
- Is there any guidance or advice to help clubs manage/reduce costs with their waste and washroom services?
- Where can I find guidance on my club's accounts and budgeting?
- How does a club become a voting member of the RFU?
Club Governance & Management
- What is GMS?
- What do we need to do in GMS at the start of the season?
- What positions can I apply for at my club?
- How do I add a group function?
- How do I pull reports from an Organisation Profile as a club admin?
- How do we receive an International Ticket Allocation?
- How do I set up a new rugby club?
- What are golden roles and how do I allocate them?
- How do I add a custom tag to my club profile?
- How do I run a report for a registered player? (Club Admin)
- How does our club complete a risk assessment?
- Where can I get guidance on compliance with data protection requirements?
- Where can I find legal and governance guidance for my club?
- Where can I find more information about club incorporation?
- Where can our club get legal advice and support?
- Does the RFU arranged policies provide for loss of income, property or Tours insurance?
- How does the RFU support wheelchair rugby?
- Where can I get guidance on how to make our club even more inclusive?
- How does our club sign up to The Touch Union?
- How do I run a report? (Club Admin)
- Where can our club get advice and support on tax?
- What insurance cover does the RFU provide to the game?
- How can I find out more about becoming a CASC?
- What things do we need to think about to ensure an effective committee meeting?
Facilities & Pitches
- Who can I contact to talk about my rugby club facilities?
- How do I book an RFU artificial grass (365) pitch?
- What are the minimum dimensions of a rugby pitch?
- How do I get involved with Rugby Grounds Connected?
- What should we do if our facilities flood due to extreme weather?
- Does the RFU provide guidance on developing a clubhouse?
- Where can I find guidance on Pitch Risk Assessments and managing pitches in drought conditions?
- What are the RFU standards for changing room sizes and layouts?
- How can we manage our facilities in order to minimise the impact of drought conditions?
- How can we manage our facilities in order to minimise the impact of a flooding event?
- Guidance on floodlights for clubs
- What opportunities are there to develop leadership skills for young volunteers?
- What can we do to recognise our volunteers?
- How do we make it easy and attractive for people to volunteer?
- We’re looking to recruit a new volunteer, are there template role descriptions available?
- Where can I find a role description for a rugby Club Treasurer?
- How can we recruit more volunteers?
Marketing & Communications
- Club Admin - Email Affiliation Template
- Not Receiving Emails/Email Provider
- How To Send An Email from GMS - Email Builder
- How To Create A Club Website
- How do I make sure I receive the Community Game Updates (CGU)?
- How do I access Club Website to edit content?
- How do I receive the Community Game Updates (CGU) if I am not one of the three key roles?
- How can we use social media to promote and run our club?
Memberships & Payments
- How do I create a membership scheme?
- How do I buy memberships?
- How do I update a direct debit mandate or reschedule failed/cancelled direct debit payments?
- Buying memberships or creating a payment order – club admin
- How do I process a refund? (Club Admin)
- How do I set up a membership scheme and online payment system?
- How do I create an event?
- How do I buy an event in GMS?
- How do I get a receipt for my voucher code?
- Settlement batch revenue analysis
- How do I change my club’s bank account details with the RFU?
Rules & Regulations
- Payment of Players FAQs
- What is Regulation 7?
- Where can I find the RFU Regulations?
- What is Regulation 1?
- Where can I find further information to assist with compliance of Regulation 7?
- Who has to complete the Payment of Player declaration?
- What are defined as RFU benefits?
- What is Regulation 3?
- *NEW* Code of Conduct template
- What is Regulation 2?
Safeguarding & Player Welfare
- Retrieving emergency contact details
- How to complete the Club Safeguarding Audit in GMS - 2023
- How to apply for a DBS
- How do I get help for an injured player?
- How do I report an Injury / what injuries do I need to report?
- What is the current guidance for First Aid?
- How do I book onto an Emergency First Aid In Rugby Union course?
- What is RugbySafe?
- How do I order Headcase Resources?
- Can I organise a Play it Safe safeguarding course at my club?
- 17yr and 18yr old Age Grade and Adult Players
- How do I manage player registration/affiliation as a Club Administrator?
- Registering adult players in Player Registration v12
- GMS New reporting tools and new features to support Club Administrators Season 22/23
- Player Management Module
- Player Registrations Report in GMS
- Create Player Cards within GMS
- How to make a player 'Effectively Registered'
- Club Admin – Online Age Grade self-registration
- GMS; Age Grade Registration Club Top Tips
- Walking Rugby and ‘Non-Registered’ Players
- Giving child access to manage their GMS account
- Club Business Operations
Coaches & Match Officials
Amend a course booking
- Who should I notify if I have specific mobility / learning requirements?
- Missing Qualifications/Education/Headcase Courses
- Can I transfer to a different course?
- I booked for a family member by mistake, how do I amend this?
- How do I contact the course leader prior to the course?
- I'm unable to attend both days of my course, do I have to complete the whole course?
Book a course
- How do I book a course?
- How do I book onto a coaching course?
- When will I receive information about the course I've booked?
- How do I book onto a refereeing course?
- Can’t book/add to basket for Course despite spaces showing
- How do I use Voucher Codes when booking a course? Course Participant User Guide
- How do I get a receipt for my course booking?
- If someone else booked the course for me, how do I transfer it to my record?
- Why is my Headcase / Safeguarding / Tacklesafe e-learning not showing on my GMS profile?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Advanced Coaching Award (previously Level 3 coaching) course?
- How do I book onto a Director of Rugby course?
- Can I add other coaches at the club to my booking?
- How do I find and book the headcase e-learning course?
- How do I find and book the Introduction to Safeguarding e-learning course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Coaching Award course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Mentoring Award course?
- How do I book onto a Kids First Tag Rugby course?
- How do I book onto a Kids First Contact Rugby course?
- How do I book onto an Introduction to Refereeing course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Refereeing Award course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Performance Coaching Award course?
- How do I book onto a Play It Safe course?
- What do I do if I need specific support to participate in an RFU training course?
- How do I know if I need to do a coaching or refereeing course?
- Amend a course booking
Players & Parents
- How can I find my local rugby Club?
- How can my club support a local wheelchair rugby club?
- How can I find out more about starting a wheelchair rugby section at my club?
- What is Wheelchair Rugby?
- How can I get involved with wheelchair rugby as a coach, referee / table official, classifier, or volunteer?
- What is tackle height?
- Where can we learn more about The Touch Union?
- What opportunities are there for adult and junior wheelchair users in the sport?
- How can I find out more about gender participation?
- Playing Rugby
Team & Match Managers
Competitions & friendlies
- Matches Against Non-English Teams Or Cross Union Matches
- Why can’t I change the status of a fixture?
- Accessing EMC in Competition Management module
- FAQ’s Manually Entered Fixtures
- How do I assign players to a team?
- How do I create and edit the status of a fixture?
- How do I add a new team?
- Accessing Electronic Match Card Data as a Club Administrator
- How do I archive a team?
- What is the Transfer Deadline for Adult Competitions?
- What are the Law Variations in Women’s League Competitions?
Match day requirements
- Coach/Team Manager Cannot View Or Edit Team
- Electronic Match Card Top Tips and Advantages
- Electronic Match Card Step by Step guides for Mobile and Desktop versions
- Can't Select a Non-Effectively Registered (NER) player on Electronic Match Card
- What do I do if I can't access the Electronic Match Card?
- Electronic Match Card Frequently Asked Questions
- Recording of Suspected Concussion in EMC
- Why Can I Not See A Player in My Line-up on EMC?
- Who do I contact during a competition?
- Competitions & friendlies
- Constituent Bodies & RFU Council
Community Game Update - December 2023
Modified on Wed, 13 Dec 2023 at 10:18 AM
|1. ACTION REQUIRED
|Age Grade Registration - Beat the 45 day deadline!
|With over 160,000 Age Grade players registered, it's been a great start to the season. However, with the season starting in September , most unregistered Age-Grade players are now beyond the 45 day deadline and heir club is now operating outside of the regulations. Access help with registration and disover incentives in this piece.
|Your chance to play at Twickenham with Play Together, Stay Together
|The TwickenhamTakeover Day is returning in 2024! Once again eight community teams will have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to play at the home of England Rugby. Find out how to enter in this section.
|2. ACTION IF OF INTEREST
|Want to be a part of the Governance and Representation Review Group?
|Earlier this year, the RFU Council agreed to form a Governance and Representation Review Group to review the RFU's Governance structure. We are now inviting expressions of interest from the wider community to be a part of the group.
|Have you accessed our Grant Search Tool yet?
|Our free to use grant search facility allows you to search through the housands of grants and loans that could help your club.
|Honda Volunteer Hospitality registrations for Guinness Six Nations
|As partof the Honda Volunteer Recognition Programme, club volunteer who already have match tickets to one of England's Six Nations home fixtures can register for up to four tickets each for pre-match hospitality. Find out more in this section.
|Represent your Premiership Club at the Gallagher Premiership Final 2024
|Premiership Rugby are giving sixteen young fans the chance to become part of the match day build-up as flag-bearers when the two finalists run out centre-stage. Register your interest in this section.
|3. FOR AWARENESS
|The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) 2024 Prohibited List
|The WADA 2023 Prohibited List comes into effect on 1 January 2024. The Prohibited List details what substances and methods are banned in sport and applies to all players regardless of the level at which they play.
|RFU Annual Report 2022/23
|Last week the RFU published its Annual Report for 2022/23. Read the key summary and highlights in this piece.
|DCMS Evaluation of Sport Survival Package
|The Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) has published an independent evaluation report into the Sport Survival Package initiated during the pandemic. The report highlights the significant investment that Rugby Union secured from this fund.
|December's Safeguarding Bulletin includes details of how the Safeguarding Team is following up with clubs following the club safeguarding audit, the DBS Update Service going live, a reminder on how to share concerns, and what's to come in 2024.
|Coming Soon - England Rugby Advanced Coaching Workshop 2024/24
|The England Rugby Advanced Coaching Workshop webinar will be going live for booking from 19 January. The completion of this webinar is essential to be able to book onto Part 1 of the England Rugby Advanced Coaching Award - Developing Advanced Coaching Practice.
|Thank you for joining our Adult Player Registration engagement sessions
|We would like to thank everyone who signed up to take part in the Adult Player Registration online engagement sessions held throughout October. Find out more about what happened at the sessions in this section.
|Heartfelt thanks from the Injured Players Foundation
|The IPF team have been reflecting on the year and want to say a massive THANK YOU for all the support you, your clubs and players have given us throughout 2023
|Community News - monthly round up
|In case you missed them, check out some of the top community rugby stories over the last month from the England Rugby website.
Still need help? Submit a Help Request
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article