- Articles for review (before publishing)
GMS Account Management
Edit account details
- Communication preferences
- What is my personal profile?
- GMS Data Management - Updating player email addresses
- How do I update details against a child record that has an active registration?
- Unique Email Addresses in GMS
- Account Verification
- How do I edit my account/personal profile details?
- Can't edit/enter medical conditions or emergency contact boxes in the Player Registration Form
- How do I join organisations?
- How do I update invalid or incomplete records?
- How do I change or move clubs?
- How do I add self service qualifications?
- Edit account details
Club Business Operations
- How do I use Voucher Codes to purchase coaching courses for members?
- Can we buy discounted rugby products from the RFU?
- Who can I speak to about VAT matters for my rugby club?
- Voucher codes - purchasing for another organisation
- Do you have resources to help us promote rugby at our club?
- Where can I get guidance on legal matters related to the running of my club?
- Can we get a discount to show Sky TV in our club?
- What VAT rate should apply to my club's energy bills?
- What activities and opportunities does the RFU have for the Rugby World Cup 2025?
- Can the RFU help with the cost of living to reduce our energy and operating costs?
- How do we run our bar efficiently and cost effectively?
- Do the RFU arranged policies provide cover for loss of revenue?
- How do we run a successful rugby event?
- Is there any guidance or advice to help clubs manage/reduce costs with their waste and washroom services?
- What are the items that should be included in a rugby club's accounts?
- How do I create a budget for a rugby club?
- What guidance is there for matters relating to the licensing of rugby club premises?
Club Governance & Management
- What is GMS?
- What do we need to do in the GMS at the start of the season?
- How do I add a group function?
- Pulling Reports from an Organisation Profile for Club Admins
- How do we receive an International Ticket Allocation?
- How do I set up a new rugby club?
- What are golden roles and how do I allocate them?
- Custom tags
- Club Admin – Reports for registered players
- How does our club complete a risk assessment?
- Where can I get help and guidance on compliance with data protection requirements?
- Where can clubs find other useful and relevant information?
- Where can I find more information about club incorporation?
- Where can our club get legal advice and support?
- Does the RFU arranged policies provide for loss of income, property or Tours insurance?
- How does the RFU support wheelchair rugby?
- Where can I get help and guidance on how to make our club even more inclusive?
- How does our club sign up to The Touch Union?
- How do I run/export a report?
- Where can our club get advice and support on tax?
- What insurance cover does the RFU provide to the game?
- How can I find out more about becoming a CASC?
- What things do we need to think about to ensure an effective committee meeting?
Facilities & Pitches
- Who can I contact to talk about my rugby club facilities?
- Want to book an RFU artificial grass pitch?
- What are the minimum dimensions of a rugby pitch?
- How do I get involved with Rugby Grounds Connected?
- What should we do if our facilities flood due to extreme weather?
- Does the RFU provide guidance on developing a clubhouse?
- Where can I find guidance on Pitch Risk Assessments and managing pitches in drought conditions?
- What are the RFU standards for changing room sizes and layouts?
- How can we manage our facilities in order to minimise the impact of drought conditions?
- How can we manage our facilities in order to minimise the impact of a flooding event?
- Guidance on floodlights for clubs
- Promotional offers for club facilities
- We have a young volunteer who is looking to develop their leadership skills what opportunities are there?
- What can we do to recognise our volunteers?
- How do we make it easy and attractive for people to volunteer?
- Is there a minimum age for the Rugby Leaders Network?
- Can you provide further details on the modules on offer on the Rugby Leaders Network?
- How can we ensure that new volunteers feel welcome?
- We’re looking to recruit a new volunteer, are there template role descriptions available?
- I can't attend a couple of the sessions for the Rugby Leaders Network, should I still apply?
- Where can I find a job description for a rugby Club Treasurer?
- We’re looking to recruit more volunteers. How can we do this?
Marketing & Communications
- Club Admin - Email Affiliation Template
- Where can I access Community Game Updates?
- Not Receiving Emails/Email Provider
- How To Send An Email from GMS - Email Builder
- How To Create A Club Website
- Email Health Status - Healthy, Missing, Unverified and Duplicate
- How do I make sure I receive the Community Game Updates (CGU)?
- How to access Club Website to edit content
- How do I receive the Community Game Updates (CGU) if I am not one of the three key roles?
- How can we use social media to promote and run our club?
Memberships & Payments
- How To Create Membership Schemes
- How do I create an event?
- How to Process a Refund
- How do I buy memberships?
- How do I update a direct debit mandate or reschedule failed/cancelled direct debit payments?
- Buying memberships or creating a payment order – club admin
- Buying an event in GMS
- How do I get a receipt for my voucher code?
- Settlement batch revenue analysis
- Buying an event as an administrator
- How do I set up a membership scheme and online payment system?
Rules & Regulations
- Payment of Players FAQs
- What is Regulation 7?
- Where can I find the RFU Regulations?
- Step by step guide to submit a club declaration for Payment of Players via GMS
- What is Regulation 1?
- Where can I find further information to assist with compliance of Regulation 7?
- Who has to complete the Payment of Player declaration?
- What are defined as RFU benefits?
- What is Regulation 3?
- *NEW* Code of Conduct template
- What is Regulation 2?
Safeguarding & Player Welfare
- Retrieving emergency contact details
- How to complete the Club Safeguarding Audit in GMS - 2023
- How to apply for a DBS
- How do I get help for an injured player?
- How do I report an Injury / what injuries do I need to report?
- What is the current guidance for First Aid Provision?
- How do I book onto an Emergency First Aid In Rugby Union course?
- What is RugbySafe?
- How do I order Headcase Resources?
- Can I organise a Play it Safe safeguarding course at my club?
- 17yr and 18yr old Age Grade and Adult Players
- How do I manage player registration/affiliation as a Club Administrator?
- Registering adult players in Player Registration v12
- GMS New reporting tools and new features to support Club Administrators Season 22/23
- Player Management Module
- Player Registrations Report in GMS
- Create Player Cards within GMS
- How to make a player 'Effectively Registered'
- Club Admin – Online Age Grade self-registration
- GMS; Age Grade Registration Club Top Tips
- Walking Rugby and ‘Non-Registered’ Players
- Improving options for Age Grade Registration in GMS
- Club Business Operations
Coaches & Match Officials
- What are the current Age Grade Regulations?
- What are the rules on Age Grade players playing out of their Age Grade?
- Individual Age Grade Players Playing Up or Down
- Girls' age bandings
- What activity is allowed out-of-season in Summer 2023?
- What are the regulations for the Age Grade game? When will any changes for next season come in?
- What are the Girls Age Banding changes for 2022-23?
- Where can I find the Age Grade Codes of Practice?
Amend a course booking
- Who should I notify if I have specific mobility / learning requirements?
- Missing Qualifications/Education/Headcase Courses
- Can I transfer to a different course?
- I booked for a family member by mistake, how do I amend this?
- How do I contact the course leader prior to the course?
- I'm unable to attend both days of my course, do I have to complete the whole course?
Book a course
- How do I book a course?
- How do I book onto a coaching course?
- When will I receive information about the course I've booked?
- How do I book onto a refereeing course?
- Can’t book/add to basket for Course despite spaces showing
- How do I use Voucher Codes when booking a course? Course Participant User Guide
- How do I get a receipt for my booking?
- If someone else booked the course for me, how do I transfer it to my record?
- Why is my Headcase / Safeguarding / Tacklesafe e-learning not showing on my GMS profile?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Advanced Coaching Award (previously Level 3 coaching) course?
- How do I book onto a Director of Rugby course?
- Can I add other coaches at the club to my booking?
- How do I find and book the headcase e-learning course?
- How do I find and book the Introduction to Safeguarding e-learning course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Coaching Award course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Mentoring Award course?
- How do I book onto a Kids First Tag Rugby course?
- How do I book onto a Kids First Contact Rugby course?
- How do I book onto an Introduction to Refereeing course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Refereeing Award course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Performance Coaching Award course?
- How do I book onto a Play It Safe course?
- What do I do if I need specific support to participate in an RFU training course?
- Age Grade
Players & Parents
- How can my club support a local wheelchair rugby club?
- How can I find out more about starting a wheelchair rugby section at my club?
- What is Wheelchair Rugby?
- How can I get involved with wheelchair rugby as a coach, referee / table official, classifier, or volunteer?
- Where can we learn more about The Touch Union?
- What opportunities are there for adult and junior wheelchair users in the sport?
- How can I find my local rugby Club?
- Playing Rugby
Team & Match Managers
Competitions & friendlies
- Matches Against Non-English Teams Or Cross Union Matches
- Why can’t I change the status of a fixture?
- Accessing EMC in Competition Management module
- FAQ’s Manually Entered Fixtures
- Assigning Players to Teams
- How to 'Unarchive' Teams
- New Girls Age Banding
- How to create and edit the status of a fixture.
- How to add a new team
- What is the Future Competition Structure for 2022/23 and why has it changed?
- Accessing Electronic Match Card Data as a Club Administrator
- How to Archive a Team
Match day requirements
- Coach/Team Manager Cannot View Or Edit Team
- Electronic Match Card - how to get help
- Electronic Match Card Top Tips and Advantages
- Electronic Match Card Step by Step guides for Mobile and Desktop versions
- Can't Select a Non-Effectively Registered (NER) player on Electronic Match Card
- Cannot Access The Electronic Match Card
- Electronic Match Card Frequently Asked Questions
- Recording of Suspected Concussion in EMC
- Why Can I Not See A Player in My Line-up on EMC?
- Competitions & friendlies
- Constituent Bodies & RFU Council
FAQ’s Manually Entered Fixtures
Modified on Fri, 04 Aug 2023 at 03:55 PM
What is the difference between a published status and non-published status fixture?
Unpublished fixtures are manually-entered matches created by your club currently with a 'draft' status, which can be created by a coach or team manager. Once this has been completed, it is 'requested' by the club's 'Fixture secretary' and 'approved' by the opposing team in GMS, these will then display a status of ‘approved’ and ‘published’.
How do I, or why can’t I edit or change the fixture for a manually-entered fixture from ‘draft’ status?
Only the Fixture Secretary (golden role holder individual) or a Fixture Assistant roles with relevant permission level can request the 'draft' fixture and change the status.
I can create the fixture, but I don’t have the ‘Request Fixture’ button?
Please ensure you have one of Fixture Secretary, or a Fixture Assistant roles with relevant permission level. A relevant role and permission are required to ‘request’ a fixture which will send the fixture for ‘approval’ to the opposition.
Why do we need to request the fixture?
The reason it is just a ‘draft’ fixture is so that the club can check, specifically for home matches that it has sufficient pitches, changing rooms etc to fulfil the fixture, and make any changes before contacting the other club and “requesting the fixture” with the opposition club.
What happens after I request a fixture? What happens if the other club does not approve or action the fixture request?
An email is sent to the opposition's relevant Fixture Secretary or Assistant; this is done to both notify the opposition Club of the fixture on their Team Management module, and to request that it is 'Accepted' or 'Rejected'. If the opposing team takes no action, then fixture will auto accept in GMS after 7 days from the initial fixture request date.
How can I locate the draft fixtures we have not requested yet/approved?
Using the standard grid filtering within GMS, a Club can filter Fixtures by these statuses. For example, you may filter for all ‘Draft’ fixtures that have been entered, in order to select and then request them to be approved.
Who can then ‘approve’ or ‘reject’ that fixture?
This can be done by the relevant team manager/coach, relevant fixture secretary or assistant. If the club takes no action for seven days after the fixture has been “requested”, it will automatically be ‘approved’.
Why can’t I create the fixture again/We are not sure if the opposing team has created this fixture already?
GMS won’t allow duplicate fixtures to be created and will only allow one club to record the result against the opposition on a particular date. You should get the duplicate fixture alert and not proceed, please contact the opposing team to ask them to request the fixture in the system.
We don’t have sufficient players at a particular age group to run our own team, so we combine with another club to put out an age grade side. How do we list those matches on the GMS Team Management module and record the results?
Firstly, the RFU is very supportive that you have been innovative and flexible in combining with another club to ensure that these youngsters have regular games. However, the system cannot record on each club’s module each match.
The GMS Team Management Module will only allow one club to record the result against the opposition on a particular date. So that there is a fair split, the 2 clubs need to agree to each having a fair proportion of the matches played. This would normally be half each, but if one club provides 2/3 of the players the number of games might be proportioned to reflect that. So if a combined team U16s team played 22 matches in the season and it was agreed that they be proportioned evenly, one club would enter 11 of those matches played onto its Team Management Module and the other club would enter the other 11 fixtures onto its Team Management Module.
This recognises each club's contribution and that, without each other, those players may have played no games.
What should be done if that fixture is cancelled?
It should be removed from a club’s Team Management Module. This can be done by a a fixture secretary or assistant role holder, and by a club administrator such as a team manager/coach (with the appropriate permission level of 1, 3 or 5) from the club that created the fixture. In doing so, it also removes the fixture from the other club’s Team Management Module, and then allows each club to enter a replacement fixture if one can be arranged.
However, if the match is cancelled by one team within 48 hours of the planned kick off time, then other conditions apply (Regulation 13.6 Match and fixture management)
How to add the results and matches already played this season that do not currently appear on your club’s Team Management Module
To denote a match has been played this season, a club should follow the usual entry process through initially creating a ’draft fixture’ and then 'request this fixture’ as outlined in 'How to create and edit the status of a fixture'
How do I record a fixture against a non RFU team?
The GMS Team Management Module cannot record matches against teams that do not have a GMS account - see 'Matches against non-English teams' on the help portal for further information on this.
Still need help? Submit a Help Request
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article