- Articles for review (before publishing)
GMS Account Management
Edit account details
- Communication preferences
- What is my personal profile?
- GMS Data Management - Updating player email addresses
- How do I update details against a child record that has an active registration?
- Unique Email Addresses in GMS
- Account Verification
- How do I edit my account/personal profile details?
- Can't edit/enter medical conditions or emergency contact boxes in the Player Registration Form
- How do I join organisations?
- How do I update invalid or incomplete records?
- How do I change or move clubs?
- How do I add self service qualifications?
- Edit account details
Club Business Operations
- How do I use Voucher Codes to purchase coaching courses for members?
- Can we buy discounted rugby products from the RFU?
- Who can I speak to about VAT matters for my rugby club?
- Voucher codes - purchasing for another organisation
- Do you have resources to help us promote rugby at our club?
- Where can I get guidance on legal matters related to the running of my club?
- Can we get a discount to show Sky TV in our club?
- What VAT rate should apply to my club's energy bills?
- What activities and opportunities does the RFU have for the Rugby World Cup 2025?
- Can the RFU help with the cost of living to reduce our energy and operating costs?
- How do we run our bar efficiently and cost effectively?
- Do the RFU arranged policies provide cover for loss of revenue?
- How do we run a successful rugby event?
- Is there any guidance or advice to help clubs manage/reduce costs with their waste and washroom services?
- What are the items that should be included in a rugby club's accounts?
- How do I create a budget for a rugby club?
- What guidance is there for matters relating to the licensing of rugby club premises?
Club Governance & Management
- What is GMS?
- What do we need to do in the GMS at the start of the season?
- How do I add a group function?
- Pulling Reports from an Organisation Profile for Club Admins
- How do we receive an International Ticket Allocation?
- How do I set up a new rugby club?
- What are golden roles and how do I allocate them?
- Custom tags
- Club Admin – Reports for registered players
- How does our club complete a risk assessment?
- Where can I get help and guidance on compliance with data protection requirements?
- Where can clubs find other useful and relevant information?
- Where can I find more information about club incorporation?
- Where can our club get legal advice and support?
- Does the RFU arranged policies provide for loss of income, property or Tours insurance?
- How does the RFU support wheelchair rugby?
- Where can I get help and guidance on how to make our club even more inclusive?
- How does our club sign up to The Touch Union?
- How do I run/export a report?
- Where can our club get advice and support on tax?
- What insurance cover does the RFU provide to the game?
- How can I find out more about becoming a CASC?
- What things do we need to think about to ensure an effective committee meeting?
Facilities & Pitches
- Who can I contact to talk about my rugby club facilities?
- Want to book an RFU artificial grass pitch?
- What are the minimum dimensions of a rugby pitch?
- How do I get involved with Rugby Grounds Connected?
- What should we do if our facilities flood due to extreme weather?
- Does the RFU provide guidance on developing a clubhouse?
- Where can I find guidance on Pitch Risk Assessments and managing pitches in drought conditions?
- What are the RFU standards for changing room sizes and layouts?
- How can we manage our facilities in order to minimise the impact of drought conditions?
- How can we manage our facilities in order to minimise the impact of a flooding event?
- Guidance on floodlights for clubs
- Promotional offers for club facilities
- We have a young volunteer who is looking to develop their leadership skills what opportunities are there?
- What can we do to recognise our volunteers?
- How do we make it easy and attractive for people to volunteer?
- Is there a minimum age for the Rugby Leaders Network?
- Can you provide further details on the modules on offer on the Rugby Leaders Network?
- How can we ensure that new volunteers feel welcome?
- We’re looking to recruit a new volunteer, are there template role descriptions available?
- I can't attend a couple of the sessions for the Rugby Leaders Network, should I still apply?
- Where can I find a job description for a rugby Club Treasurer?
- We’re looking to recruit more volunteers. How can we do this?
Marketing & Communications
- Club Admin - Email Affiliation Template
- Where can I access Community Game Updates?
- Not Receiving Emails/Email Provider
- How To Send An Email from GMS - Email Builder
- How To Create A Club Website
- Email Health Status - Healthy, Missing, Unverified and Duplicate
- How do I make sure I receive the Community Game Updates (CGU)?
- How to access Club Website to edit content
- How do I receive the Community Game Updates (CGU) if I am not one of the three key roles?
- How can we use social media to promote and run our club?
Memberships & Payments
- How To Create Membership Schemes
- How do I create an event?
- How to Process a Refund
- How do I buy memberships?
- How do I update a direct debit mandate or reschedule failed/cancelled direct debit payments?
- Buying memberships or creating a payment order – club admin
- Buying an event in GMS
- How do I get a receipt for my voucher code?
- Settlement batch revenue analysis
- Buying an event as an administrator
- How do I set up a membership scheme and online payment system?
Rules & Regulations
- Payment of Players FAQs
- What is Regulation 7?
- Where can I find the RFU Regulations?
- Step by step guide to submit a club declaration for Payment of Players via GMS
- What is Regulation 1?
- Where can I find further information to assist with compliance of Regulation 7?
- Who has to complete the Payment of Player declaration?
- What are defined as RFU benefits?
- What is Regulation 3?
- *NEW* Code of Conduct template
- What is Regulation 2?
Safeguarding & Player Welfare
- Retrieving emergency contact details
- How to complete the Club Safeguarding Audit in GMS - 2023
- How to apply for a DBS
- How do I get help for an injured player?
- How do I report an Injury / what injuries do I need to report?
- What is the current guidance for First Aid Provision?
- How do I book onto an Emergency First Aid In Rugby Union course?
- What is RugbySafe?
- How do I order Headcase Resources?
- Can I organise a Play it Safe safeguarding course at my club?
- 17yr and 18yr old Age Grade and Adult Players
- How do I manage player registration/affiliation as a Club Administrator?
- Registering adult players in Player Registration v12
- GMS New reporting tools and new features to support Club Administrators Season 22/23
- Player Management Module
- Player Registrations Report in GMS
- Create Player Cards within GMS
- How to make a player 'Effectively Registered'
- Club Admin – Online Age Grade self-registration
- GMS; Age Grade Registration Club Top Tips
- Walking Rugby and ‘Non-Registered’ Players
- Improving options for Age Grade Registration in GMS
- Club Business Operations
Coaches & Match Officials
- What are the current Age Grade Regulations?
- What are the rules on Age Grade players playing out of their Age Grade?
- Individual Age Grade Players Playing Up or Down
- Girls' age bandings
- What activity is allowed out-of-season in Summer 2023?
- What are the regulations for the Age Grade game? When will any changes for next season come in?
- What are the Girls Age Banding changes for 2022-23?
- Where can I find the Age Grade Codes of Practice?
Amend a course booking
- Who should I notify if I have specific mobility / learning requirements?
- Missing Qualifications/Education/Headcase Courses
- Can I transfer to a different course?
- I booked for a family member by mistake, how do I amend this?
- How do I contact the course leader prior to the course?
- I'm unable to attend both days of my course, do I have to complete the whole course?
Book a course
- How do I book a course?
- How do I book onto a coaching course?
- When will I receive information about the course I've booked?
- How do I book onto a refereeing course?
- Can’t book/add to basket for Course despite spaces showing
- How do I use Voucher Codes when booking a course? Course Participant User Guide
- How do I get a receipt for my booking?
- If someone else booked the course for me, how do I transfer it to my record?
- Why is my Headcase / Safeguarding / Tacklesafe e-learning not showing on my GMS profile?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Advanced Coaching Award (previously Level 3 coaching) course?
- How do I book onto a Director of Rugby course?
- Can I add other coaches at the club to my booking?
- How do I find and book the headcase e-learning course?
- How do I find and book the Introduction to Safeguarding e-learning course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Coaching Award course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Mentoring Award course?
- How do I book onto a Kids First Tag Rugby course?
- How do I book onto a Kids First Contact Rugby course?
- How do I book onto an Introduction to Refereeing course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Refereeing Award course?
- How do I book onto an England Rugby Performance Coaching Award course?
- How do I book onto a Play It Safe course?
- What do I do if I need specific support to participate in an RFU training course?
- Age Grade
Players & Parents
- How can my club support a local wheelchair rugby club?
- How can I find out more about starting a wheelchair rugby section at my club?
- What is Wheelchair Rugby?
- How can I get involved with wheelchair rugby as a coach, referee / table official, classifier, or volunteer?
- Where can we learn more about The Touch Union?
- What opportunities are there for adult and junior wheelchair users in the sport?
- How can I find my local rugby Club?
- Playing Rugby
Team & Match Managers
Competitions & friendlies
- Matches Against Non-English Teams Or Cross Union Matches
- Why can’t I change the status of a fixture?
- Accessing EMC in Competition Management module
- FAQ’s Manually Entered Fixtures
- Assigning Players to Teams
- How to 'Unarchive' Teams
- New Girls Age Banding
- How to create and edit the status of a fixture.
- How to add a new team
- What is the Future Competition Structure for 2022/23 and why has it changed?
- Accessing Electronic Match Card Data as a Club Administrator
- How to Archive a Team
Match day requirements
- Coach/Team Manager Cannot View Or Edit Team
- Electronic Match Card - how to get help
- Electronic Match Card Top Tips and Advantages
- Electronic Match Card Step by Step guides for Mobile and Desktop versions
- Can't Select a Non-Effectively Registered (NER) player on Electronic Match Card
- Cannot Access The Electronic Match Card
- Electronic Match Card Frequently Asked Questions
- Recording of Suspected Concussion in EMC
- Why Can I Not See A Player in My Line-up on EMC?
- Competitions & friendlies
- Constituent Bodies & RFU Council
How to apply for a DBS
Modified on Wed, 06 Sep 2023 at 04:17 PM
In order to carry out a DBS application you will need to hold the role of either 'Safeguarding Officer' or 'Safeguarding Assistant' and permission level 2 or above. Applying for a DBS requires access to the RFU Disclosures website which is a separate system to GMS and as such requires different login credentials. If you require access/have been locked out of your account, please contact the RFU Safeguarding Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the steps below to start the application:
- Log into your account and under ‘My Organisation’ ensure you are on the relevant organisation/club and go the ‘People’ module > ‘Everyone’ grid.
- In order to bring up the applicant, you can search from the full list of all club members under the ‘Everyone’ grid from the left-hand menu and use the filters on the right-hand side to locate e.g. name/DOB/RFU ID etc.
- Once you have located the applicant, select the small circle icon to the left of their forename (note you can select a number of individuals at the same time if necessary) and select the ‘Apply for DBS' from the ‘More’ button at the top of the right hand of the screen.
Please note that the individual(s) you are transferring from GMS to the DBS system will need to have completed the RFU’s eLearning Introduction to Safeguarding course within the last 12-months. Additionally, their name format and date of birth will need to be correctly set on their GMS record. Without these criteria being met you will be presented with an error message and the process will be blocked.
Providing all pre-requisite criteria has been met, clicking the “Apply for DBS” button will confirm the transfer of the applicant(s) from GMS to the DBS system. You should be presented with a link that will take you to the RFU disclosures website, which can be accessed directly here.
Once you have logged into the system, you can select the ‘DBS Applications’ menu at the top of the screen and on the drop-down menu select ‘Manage Applications’ or ‘Apply to DBS’, where you can search for the applicant or existing applicants to proceed. When you have located the applicant, click on their name and the option of how to begin the application will show.
By clicking this option, you can choose to invite the applicant to choose their ID documents to support the application, or if they are with you in person (with the documents) you can select ‘Here and Now’.
The next stage is to set some basic information e.g. Applicants name, date of birth, role they are applying for etc. Following this the system will allow you to send an email (if you are inviting the applicant remotely to choose their ID) or to proceed in person (if you have selected ‘Here and Now’).
It is important to select the correct job role for the applicant. Specifically, which workforce (Children, Adults or Both), and also the relevant Barred List check that they will be vetted against. Most applicants in an unsupervised role with frequent access to U18’s would require an Enhanced DBS check vetted against the Children’s Workforce and Children’s Barred List but if you need further guidance this can be obtained from the RFU Safeguarding Department.
Once the ID has been selected, you should meet with the applicant face to face to verify the documents and update the application on the DBS system (bypassing GMS – as the applicant already exists). Under the ‘DBS Applications’ menu, search and select the applicant. Following this you will be given the option under ‘Available Actions’ to ‘Carry out ID check’ where you will submit the ID data. At the point of accessing the application, the applicant will need to have their ID documents to hand in order to verify data from them.
It is important that care is given at this stage, as once the ID has been entered and saved it is encrypted – this means that it can’t be accessed/amended at a later date should there have been an error. Once the ID has been entered, the options will appear to complete the remainder of the application e.g. their address history, previous names etc, or for you send them an invite to do this remotely.
Once they have assessed if the applicant will complete the remainder of the application and it will be fully submitted. The application is now complete and will be quality checked by Atlantic Data (who manage the RFU's DBS system). Any errors will be queried with the ID verifier and the application will placed on hold until resolution. Following this the application will be countersigned by the RFU and dispatched electronically to the DBS for processing. The application can be tracked on the system using the 'Manage Applications' option.
Once the applicant has submitted their application, they will be contacted via email to encourage them to subscribe to the DBS Update Service. This is free of charge for volunteers (a £13 annual subscription is required for paid applications). The benefit of this service is that it allows an individual, who maintains their subscription and remains within the same workforce, to consent to annual status checks – meaning, should their criminal record status remain unchanged – there will be no need to resubmit renewal DBS applications in future.
For any further guidance on tracking applications or additional queries on the DBS process, please contact the RFU Safeguarding Department at email@example.com.
Still need help? Submit a Help Request
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article